We are hiring for an Associate Director or Director-level position overseeing teams working on Japan-focused qualitative and investigative research projects for our clients. Our clientele comprises the most distinguished organizations from the financial services, investment management, technology, logistics and manufacturing industries, among others.
The Associate Director/Director will be expected to manage project teams that find, absorb, cross-check, organize, and distil large amounts of information in both Japanese and English from research databases, financial reports, corporate filings, media reports, and academic research, among other sources. The role will also involve identifying and interviewing highly-placed sources in Japan’s central ministries and political and business worlds. The Associate Director/Director will also edit written reports, and lead client briefings.
In doing this work, the Associate Director/Director will work with members of Blackpeak senior management as an integral part of the firm’s Global Japan and Korea Practice. The position offers an excellent opportunity to help shape the firm’s strategy and lead highly-educated, talented research teams addressing our clients’ strategic and critical risk intelligence needs in business and public policy spheres in Japan and Asia.
Skills and Experience
- University-level education, ideally in the humanities, politics, economics, or journalism
- Full professional proficiency in Japanese and strong English reading, writing, and speaking skills
- 6-10 years of relevant work experience in journalism, analysis, or consulting, ideally in a role that involved project team management and editing research reports
- Financial literacy will help, and knowledge of Japan’s broader political and economic system is essential
- To be inquisitive, detail-oriented, and rigorous by nature
- Have an established network of human sources and a proven to identify and cultivate new sources
- Be able to strictly enforce governance and adherence to business ethics and compliance
- To be able to work as a part of a multinational team across Blackpeak’s eight offices worldwide, and willing to travel in Japan and Asia more broadly as required
A competitive salary and benefits will be offered. All information and materials submitted to Blackpeak will remain strictly confidential and be treated for recruitment purposes only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
If your qualifications, experience and aspirations match our requirements, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.