Associate/Senior Associate – Singapore
(Southeast Asian languages at native level are preferred – such as Vietnamese, Thai, Malay, Indonesian or Tagalog)
Blackpeak is seeking an Associate/Senior Associate, to be based in its Singapore office, focusing on risk investigations (including due diligence, disputes and business intelligence) in Southeast Asia. We are looking for a bright, inquisitive and self-driven individual who wants to be part of a high quality, diverse and dynamic team. You will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of projects across a range of industries.
You will be expected to be able to carry out intensive research and analysis of large amounts of information and then assessing accuracy, reliability and relevance. You will also be expected to be able to produce high quality written reports to present your findings to clients, under the supervision of members of the Blackpeak senior management team and according to set deadlines.
Blackpeak associates join the firm with a range of academic and professional experience. Graduates from any discipline, including law, finance, journalism, liberal arts or social sciences, are welcome to apply.
Skills and experience
The following skills and competencies are relevant:
- Native or complete fluency in written and spoken English.
- Command of a Southeast Asian language is preferred, such as Vietnamese, Thai, Malay, Bahasa, Tagalog or another relevant language.
- The ability to carry out detailed research and analysis via proprietary databases, the Internet and human sources.
- Strong analytical skills, including critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication skills – ability to communicate research findings in writing and orally, as well as more complex issues, in discussion with clients and Blackpeak staff.
- A solid understanding of the business and political environment in Southeast Asia, including the key issues affecting investors, would be an advantage.
- The ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task under pressure.
- The ability to work as part of a multinational team across Blackpeak’s offices. This may include periods working with colleagues in other countries.
A competitive salary and benefits will be offered.
All information and materials submitted to Blackpeak will remain strictly confidential and be treated for recruitment purposes only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
If your qualifications, experience and aspirations match our requirements, please send your cover letter, resume and a writing sample to us at email@example.com.