Blackpeak is seeking a Cross-team Editor (Associate level) to be based in our Hong Kong office, primarily responsible for ensuring consistent, high-quality English-language research reports as part of the group’s existing editorial team. While this position entails copyediting, you will also work closely with Blackpeak’s researchers throughout the report-writing process to help shape and order research findings. You will be exposed to a broad range of risk-related projects across countries and industries and may be required to manage multiple assignments on a day-to-day basis.
You will also be asked to help carry out primary research and contribute content to reports. This position will train you to become intimately familiar with Blackpeak’s research methodology and the key risk issues that are the basis of our in-depth qualitative research reports.
Blackpeak’s team members have joined the firm with a range of academic and professional experience. Candidates with backgrounds in journalism, English, international relations, political science, history, and economics are especially encouraged to apply.
Skills and Experience
- Native or near-native English language ability. Candidates who possess proficient written and spoken Chinese will be preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Extremely strong written and oral communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and multi-task under pressure
- Flexibility to work as a part of a multinational team across Blackpeak’s offices worldwide
- The maturity and skills required to assist Blackpeak’s senior management in marketing to clients and to manage client relationships, if needed
- Strong analytical skills, including critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Editing experience in business and journalism considered a plus
- Relevant experience in risk analysis, consulting and/or qualitative research considered a plus
If you are interested in this position, please use the below link to apply ensuring your CV and cover letter are attached.
Acuris powers business growth for financial and professional services firms worldwide. Through events and subscription-based digital services, we provide unique, high-value content that helps our customers to make the best decisions based on the strongest evidence.
Our sector specialists and expert analysts interpret data and intelligence to extract new insights that create business opportunities for our customers. We’re trusted by many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates, who rely our brands to help them understand specialist markets and find ideas for business development.
Founded in 2000, we’re a growing family of information brands united by common characteristics: sector expertise, analytical skill, proprietary data and solutions that are packaged for maximum value. You’ll find our 1,000 staff, including 500 specialist journalists and analysts, in 67 locations around the world.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.