Blackpeak is seeking a Cross-team Editor (Associate level) to be based in Asia (location to be confirmed, but we have offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Singapore), primarily responsible for ensuring consistent, high-quality English-language research reports as part of the group’s existing editorial team. While this position entails copyediting, you will also work closely with Blackpeak’s researchers throughout the report-writing process to help shape and order research findings. You will be exposed to a broad range of risk-related projects across countries and industries and may be required to manage multiple assignments on a day-to-day basis.
You will also be asked to help carry out primary research and contribute content to reports. This position will train you to become intimately familiar with Blackpeak’s research methodology and the key risk issues that are the basis of our in-depth qualitative research reports.
Blackpeak’s team members have joined the firm with a range of academic and professional experience. Candidates with backgrounds in journalism, English, international relations, political science, history and economics are especially encouraged to apply.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and competencies are relevant:
- Native or near-native English language ability. Candidates who possess proficient written and spoken Chinese or Japanese will be preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- For non-domestic applicants, at least two years of verifiable post-undergraduate work experience (needed to comply with mainland Chinese and Hong Kong visa requirements)
- Extremely strong written and oral communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task under pressure
- Flexibility to work as a part of a multinational team across Blackpeak’s eight offices worldwide. This includes periods of working with colleagues in other offices and countries
- The maturity and skills required to assist Blackpeak’s senior management in marketing to clients and to manage client relationships, if needed
- Strong analytical skills, including critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Editing experience in business and journalism considered a plus
- Relevant experience in risk analysis, consulting and/or qualitative research considered a plus
A competitive salary and benefits will be offered.
All information and materials submitted to Blackpeak will remain strictly confidential and be treated for recruitment purposes only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
If your qualifications, experience and aspirations match our requirements, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.