We are hiring a Researcher for our Hong Kong, Shanghai and Beijing offices. The Researcher will conduct research and analysis, using databases, interviews, and traveling where necessary. The Researcher will also work within a team to formulate the best advice for our clients, prepare written reports and conduct client briefings.
You will be expected to be able to carry out intensive research and analysis of large amounts of data and then assessing accuracy, reliability and relevance. You will also be expected to be able to produce high quality written reports and charts to present your findings to clients, under the supervision of members of the Blackpeak senior management team.
The position offers an excellent opportunity to work with an extremely experienced management team and interact with a broad range of clients.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and competencies are relevant:
- University level education
- Fresh graduates in the humanities, politics, economics or journalism are preferred
- Native or complete fluency in Mandarin Chinese and English, including reading, writing and speaking
- Confidence to identify interviewees and conduct interviews as part of the research process
- To be inquisitive by nature, with the desire and ability to prepare the most in-depth and accurate research reports possible
- To be able to meet deadlines, prioritise workload and multi-task under pressure
- To be able to work as a part of a multinational team across Blackpeak’s six offices in Asia. This may include periods working with colleagues in other countries
- Relevant work experience in journalism, analysis and consulting, including time spent writing analytical reports on both private and public companies will be useful
Competitive salary and benefits will be offered.
All information and materials submitted to Blackpeak will remain strictly confidential and be treated for recruitment purposes only. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
If your qualifications, experience and aspirations match our requirements, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.