Blackpeak (an ION/Acuris company) is seeking a Researcher, to be based in its Tokyo office, focusing on risk investigations (including due diligence, disputes and business intelligence) in Japan and South Korea. We are looking for a bright, inquisitive and self-driven individual who wants to be part of a high quality, diverse and dynamic team. You will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of projects across a range of industries.
You will be expected to be able to carry out intensive research and analysis of large amounts of information and then assessing accuracy, reliability and relevance. You will also be expected to be able to produce high quality written reports to present your findings to clients, under the supervision of members of the Blackpeak senior management team and according to set deadlines.
Blackpeak researchers join the firm with a range of academic and professional experience. Graduates from any discipline, including law, finance, journalism, liberal arts or social sciences, are welcome to apply.
Skills and Experience
- Native or complete fluency in written and spoken English, Japanese and Korean.
- The ability to carry out detailed research and analysis via proprietary databases, the Internet and human sources.
- Strong analytical skills, including critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication skills – ability to communicate research findings in writing and orally, as well as more complex issues, in discussion with clients and Blackpeak staff.
- A solid understanding of the business and political environment in Japan and South Korea, including the key issues affecting investors, would be an advantage.
- The ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task under pressure.
- The ability to work as part of a multinational team across Blackpeak’s offices. This may include periods working with colleagues in other countries.
If you are interested in this position, please use the below link to apply ensuring your CV and cover letter are attached.
Apply here – Blackpeak Researcher
Acuris powers business growth for financial and professional services firms worldwide. Through events and subscription-based digital services, we provide unique, high-value content that helps our customers to make the best decisions based on the strongest evidence.
Our sector specialists and expert analysts interpret data and intelligence to extract new insights that create business opportunities for our customers. We’re trusted by many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates, who rely our brands to help them understand specialist markets and find ideas for business development.
Founded in 2000, we’re a growing family of information brands united by common characteristics: sector expertise, analytical skill, proprietary data and solutions that are packaged for maximum value. You’ll find our 1,000 staff, including 500 specialist journalists and analysts, in 67 locations around the world.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.