Blackpeak (an ION/Acuris company) is seeking a Researcher, to be based in its Shanghai office, focusing on risk projects (including reputational due diligence, business intelligence and disputes) in China. We are looking for a bright, inquisitive and self-driven individual who wants to be part of a high quality, diverse and busy team. You will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of projects across industries and will need to be capable of conducting risk projects.
You will be required to manage assignments on a day-to-day basis. You will be expected to be able to carry out intensive research (both primary and secondary) and analysis of large amounts of data and then assess accuracy, reliability and relevance. You will also be expected to be able to produce high quality written reports and charts to present your findings to clients, under the supervision of members of the Blackpeak senior management team.
Skills and Requirements
- Native or complete fluency in Mandarin Chinese and English, including reading, writing and speaking.
- Familiarity with databases and public records used for conducting research in China.
- The ability to carry out detailed research and analysis via proprietary databases, the internet and human sources.
- Strong analytical skills, including critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Effective communication skills – ability to communicate research findings in writing and orally, as well as more complex issues, in discussion with clients and Blackpeak staff.
- A solid understanding of the business environment in China, including the key issues affecting investors.
- The ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task under pressure.
- The ability to work as a part of a multi-national team across Blackpeak’s six offices in Asia. This includes periods of working with colleagues in other offices and countries.
- The ability to manage and work with external consultants
If you are interested in this position, please use the below link to apply ensuring your CV and cover letter are attached.
Acuris powers business growth for financial and professional services firms worldwide. Through events and subscription-based digital services, we provide unique, high-value content that helps our customers to make the best decisions based on the strongest evidence.
Our sector specialists and expert analysts interpret data and intelligence to extract new insights that create business opportunities for our customers. We’re trusted by many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates, who rely our brands to help them understand specialist markets and find ideas for business development.
Founded in 2000, we’re a growing family of information brands united by common characteristics: sector expertise, analytical skill, proprietary data and solutions that are packaged for maximum value. You’ll find our 1,000 staff, including 500 specialist journalists and analysts, in 67 locations around the world.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.