Blackpeak (an ION/Acuris company) is recruiting senior associate level candidates to join our Japan team to help manage investigative research projects. We are looking for someone with relevant industry experience in investigative due diligence, business intelligence research and corporate investigations who wants to be part of our high quality and diverse team.
The role will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of investigative research assignments in various sectors for our clients, including leading investment banks, private equity firms, hedge funds, law firms and multinational corporations. Successful candidates will be capable of managing and developing client relationships and ensuring the successful delivery of research projects. You will be required to manage assignments and work with a group of researchers/associates on a day-to-day basis, including conducting research (both primary and secondary), drafting high quality written reports and presenting findings to clients.
The position offers an excellent opportunity to work with an extremely experienced management team and interact with a broad range of clients.
Skills and Requirements
- Native or complete fluency in written and spoken English and Japanese.
- Relevant industry experience in investigative research, preferably candidates with at least 3-5 years of direct experience in investigative due diligence, business intelligence research and corporate investigations.
- Effective communication and presentation skills – ability to communicate research findings in writing and orally in discussion with clients.
- The ability to manage and direct team of internal researchers and work with external consultants.
- The ability to carry out detailed research and analysis via proprietary databases, the internet and human sources.
- Possession of an existing network of human sources and contacts would be an asset.
- Strong analytical skills, including critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- A solid understanding of the business environment in mainland China and Hong Kong, including the key issues affecting investors, would be an advantage.
- The ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task under pressure.
- The ability to work as a part of a multinational team across Blackpeak’s seven offices in Asia and the Americas. This may include periods of working with colleagues in other countries.
- The maturity and skills required to become a part of Blackpeak’s senior management in marketing to clients and to develop and manage client relationships.
If you are interested in this position, please use the below link to apply ensuring your CV and cover letter are attached.
Acuris powers business growth for financial and professional services firms worldwide. Through events and subscription-based digital services, we provide unique, high-value content that helps our customers to make the best decisions based on the strongest evidence.
Our sector specialists and expert analysts interpret data and intelligence to extract new insights that create business opportunities for our customers. We’re trusted by many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates, who rely our brands to help them understand specialist markets and find ideas for business development.
Founded in 2000, we’re a growing family of information brands united by common characteristics: sector expertise, analytical skill, proprietary data and solutions that are packaged for maximum value. You’ll find our 1,000 staff, including 500 specialist journalists and analysts, in 67 locations around the world.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.