Blackpeak (an ION/Acuris company) is expanding its Singapore team and is recruiting at Senior Associate level in Singapore. We are looking for candidates with relevant industry experience in investigative due diligence, business intelligence research and corporate investigations, who want to be part of our high quality and diverse team.
As a Senior Associate, you will both execute and help manage a broad range of investigative research assignments for our clients, including leading investment banks, private equity firms, hedge funds, law firms, and multinational corporations. You will be required to manage project assignments and work with a group of researchers on a day-to-day basis, including conducting and reviewing research (both primary and secondary), drafting high quality written reports, and presenting findings to clients.
Blackpeak staff join the firm with a range of academic and professional experience. Graduates from most disciplines, including the liberal arts and social sciences, journalism, law, business, or finance, are welcome to apply.
Skills and Requirements
- Relevant industry experience in investigative research, as well as direct experience in investigative due diligence, business intelligence research and corporate investigations.
- Effective communication and presentation skills – ability to communicate research findings in writing and orally internally and in discussion with clients.
- Native or complete fluency in written and spoken English is essential. Native or near-native proficiency in a Southeast Asian language is also strongly preferred. Indonesian, Malay, Thai, and Vietnamese are of particular interest.
- The ability to mentor and manage a team of internal researchers and work with external consultants.
- Experience in carrying out detailed and meticulous research and analysis via proprietary databases, the internet, and human sources.
- Possession of an existing network of human sources and contacts would be an asset.
- Strong analytical skills, including critical thinking and problem-solving abilities. Candidates should be resourceful in finding information, connecting the dots in their research, and have intellectual curiosity.
- A solid understanding of the business and political environment in Southeast Asia, South Asia, and/or Oceania, or the candidate’s countries of expertise, including the key issues affecting investors, would be an advantage.
- The ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task under pressure.
If you are interested in this position, please use the below link to apply ensuring your CV and cover letter are attached.
Acuris powers business growth for financial and professional services firms worldwide. Through events and subscription-based digital services, we provide unique, high-value content that helps our customers to make the best decisions based on the strongest evidence.
Our sector specialists and expert analysts interpret data and intelligence to extract new insights that create business opportunities for our customers. We’re trusted by many of the world’s principal advisory firms, investment banks, law firms, hedge funds, private equity firms and corporates, who rely our brands to help them understand specialist markets and find ideas for business development.
Founded in 2000, we’re a growing family of information brands united by common characteristics: sector expertise, analytical skill, proprietary data and solutions that are packaged for maximum value. You’ll find our 1,000 staff, including 500 specialist journalists and analysts, in 67 locations around the world.
Acuris is fully committed to a policy of non-discrimination and to promoting equality of opportunity in employment on grounds of merit, experience, skills and aptitude in order to maximise the full potential of both existing and prospective employees.