Blackpeak is regularly engaged to conduct complex investigations by clients including law firms, investment banks, hedge funds and private equity firms and multinational corporations. Whether the goal is to identify evidence in relation to a suspected fraud or conflict of interest, understand undisclosed financial, reputational and political liabilities, or identify the assets of an individual or entity, our global team of local-language analysts, field investigators and experienced case managers is ready to assist.
Our investigators include former law enforcement, financial researchers, policy analysts and investigative journalists. Many members of our team hold globally-recognized certifications including the ACFE’s Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), the International Compliance Associations’ Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and the GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE) certifications.
With expertise in local laws, regulations and political climates, we understand the importance of legally and ethically navigating every jurisdiction in the region while ensuring that we help our clients obtain the best evidence, information and intelligence possible. Complex investigations and security matters regularly conducted by Blackpeak include the following:
- Fraud investigations
- Whistleblower investigations
- FCPA investigations
- Conflict-of-interest investigations
- Employee misconduct investigations
- Regulatory and compliance investigations
- Asset tracing
- Litigation support and dispute intelligence
- Digital forensics investigations and e-discovery
- Intellectual property and trade secret theft investigations
- Surveillance, security audits and crisis response